You’ve waited with Baited Breath…
So….the blog was promised to be up on September 1st, 2015 – it is now November 1, 2015. MIA CULPA, I’m sorry, but two months late is better than never, especially in this household! BUT….I have been super vigilant in trying to document everything digitally so I have pictures to go with my posts.
So much has happened since we moved in at the end of July, my brain is swimming trying to figure out where to start! So much to fill you in on!!
So just a summary to bring you up to date on where we are now, details can be found in posts documenting each and every step as I know you won’t want to miss any juicy morsels…
- We’ve moved into our FABULOUS house we’ve lovingly name “Manor in the Mist” and we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!! But…
- Moving day ended up being a clusterf*@$!! The drama we’ve had to handle with the builder – not naming names and neither will I mention the builder EVER on this blog but we are from Angus, so it shouldn’t be TOO HARD to figure it out if you’re local, has made me vow NEVER to buy new build again.
- On a positive note, we had our lot graded, sod laid and our driveway paved in time – which eased a good chunk of my “new house” anxiety.
- Angus – the town that I now call myself a resident of, we have a love/hate relationship, (kind of like another relationship of mine lol). It has kicked my butt a few times and I expect it will many more times – especially since winter is coming but on a positive note, we have the most beautiful sun rises and sunsets that I have seen in a very long time.
- The realization that we have moved into a pretty large house with only enough furnishings to fill a small townhouse, has finally begun to sink in.
- The realization that we need to buy more furniture but are currently on a very strict budget, in other words ‘House Poor’, has ALSO become painfully clear but this is where my creative kicks in and I come up with some ingenious ideas of how to furnish and decorate a house on a dime!!
- I literally live in a glass house and so we temporarily have paper blinds up on all the windows. It’s going to cost a fortune to purchase pre-made window coverings, so what are my other options? I have 3 sewing machines but only know enough about how to use them to sew a very simple pillow cover. Don’t ask why I have 3…..but I am currently working on my best and cheapest course of action for the window dilemma. Stay tuned…
- One of the biggest challenges that we’ve had to deal with since moving in was not having our appliances delivered on time. It was very interesting trying to cook and feed a toddler and a baby who are picky eaters without a stove, fridge or oven.
- Furniture refinishing – LOVING my new hobby!!
- Neighbours – although I haven’t yet met our neighbours In Person, from what the hubby says – they are GREAT!!
- Shopping in a small town poses a bit of a problem, especially when there are only a few select stores and they close up tight earlier than stores would normally in the city.
- We finally had the family up to see the house and to celebrate Spencer’s first birthday, two months late. (I’m seeing a trend emerging here….)
- Halloween was super exciting and I had the house decorated at the end of September. The babies both went out trick or treating and lasted for an hour, which I was super surprised about despite the chilly weather.
- Thanksgiving was quiet but it was exciting being able to use both of our ovens!!
And that pretty much sums it up to this point. Lots of interesting and crazy adventures to come – can’t wait to share them with you all!!